Saturday, October 26, 2013

Technical Difficulties

Well, of course it is Progress Report card writing time and right on schedule my laptop dies. Not a slow death...instant, and according to my technology people...fatal! No problem, but then my printer decides it can't align labels either so that is why I had the children write their 'Dreambox logins' for you...sorry about that. 

Picture Day
We all looked lovely for picture day on Thursday. Can't wait to see the class picture. Here is mine from Grade three (couldn't find grade two pic)...can you find me? 
         Clue: I'm wearing purple and very close to the teacher :)

We also really enjoyed reading this book. It's hilarious...

Hallowe'en
You will notice that there will be no homework this week. This is to accommodate Hallowe'en falling mid-week and the excitement of candy high and lows :) 
Parade
The Florence Meares school tradition involves a parade first thing in the morning right after announcements. I will send more information once I have met with the primary division on Monday. We usually invite students to come in full or partial costume. Students walk around the school and show off their costumes to each other. Parents are welcome to come for photo opportunities if you would like. 

Random facts about my class...
Did you know that most children in my class tried 'saurkraut' as part of our Oktoberfest 'traditions and celebrations' social studies reading? Guess what...many students actually liked it! When I have done this in other years, it was more like an episode of 'Fear Factor'. This class is so open to trying new things! 

Have you noticed that the children are actually eating the apples in their lunch? I have an apple slicer at school and for some reason this has become motivation to bring apples to school and actually eat them. Fine with me...apples are a healthy snack! 





No comments:

Post a Comment