Sunday, September 23, 2012

Talking Word wall and other discoveries!

I am lucky enough to have my former student teacher (Miss Clarke) from last year helping out in the classroom. I know she will be snapped up soon by some lucky school board (hopefully Halton) but in the mean time, we have the pleasure of her helping out in our Grade1/2 classroom. She has helped make into reality an idea that I had this summer. While perusing the internet, I discovered sound stickers that can be activated by a livescribe pen. This got me to thinking....what could the applications be for a primary classroom? So, with help from Miss Clarke, we designed a word wall with predictable space for the stickers and made my idea into reality. So, what does that mean for the students in my class? Well, it means simply that students are more independent when reading and writing as they can check words without having to ask the teacher. I have a few more ideas percolating in this old brain of mine but for now...I'll leave you with a few pictures of the 'talking word wall'. Perhaps when you come to the Open House on Tuesday September 25th, you can see it and hear it too!


No comments:

Post a Comment