Thursday, May 29, 2014

Author visit, More butterfly news

Author visit
We started today with a visit from author 'Andrew Larsen. He has written some of the books that have been part of our 'Blue Spruce' book series. These are the books that are new to the library and students all over Halton, read them and vote on which should win an award. Mr. Larsen was very entertaining (with a magic lightbulb) and lots of great stories about how he started writing as early as kindergarten. It was nice that he brought in a book from those days to show students that he was a 'developing' writer. He read to us his published book 'In the Tree House' using a slideshow. Very entertaining and a nice way to start the day!

Butterfly news!
Well, the caterpillars ate like crazy last week and are now this big.

Many have made a chrysalis and were moved to the observation container. A few that fell had to be glued back up. Yes, I used the old, glue gun trick that worked so well last year. More pics soon!

Updates:
Looking forward to next week. Our trip to the Burlington Art Centre to do weaving and pottery should be fun. Please send the usual lunch and snack. We will eat our snack there and arrive back at school a little late and eat our lunch. If your child gets pizza from the school order it should be waiting for us upon our return. 

Hard to believe there are only a few weeks left. I've SO enjoyed this class. The other day I went to say my usual attendance joke, "Put up your hand if you are absent" (corny, I know). However, before I had a chance one of my student's did it for me! I laughed and said, "Oh no you know all my jokes I guess you will have to go to grade 3". The student ran over, hugged me and said, "Ms. Fink, you just need to get new jokes!"


No comments:

Post a Comment